Our little heart beats about 100,000 times daily; with each beat, the heart pumps blood through the blood vessels or arteries to all parts of the body. Cardiovascular diseases are a class of diseases that involve the heart and blood vessels.
The more blood your heart pumps and the narrower your arteries, your blood pressure shoots up. Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases your risk of heart attack and stroke. People with early-stage high blood pressure may have dull headaches, dizzy spells or nosebleeds. For most adults, there's no identifiable cause; kidney problems, certain medications can also cause high blood pressure.
1. Favor: Cereals, fruits, greens & veggies, regular exercise, and yoga
2. Reduce: Pickles, egg, canned foods, meats, preservatives, salt, oil, smoking, alcohol, and stress factors
Venous Insufficiency – Varicose vein
Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins. Dark Veins may appear like cords on your legs. Signs and symptoms include: aching and heavy legs, muscles cramps and swelling, worsened pain after sitting or standing long, itching around veins, ulceration, etc.
A condition in which you don't have enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen to your tissues. Having anemia may make you feel exhausted. In anemia, either your body doesn't make enough red blood cells (iron/vitamin deficiency, aplastic anemia, anemia of chronic disease) or your body destroys red blood cells (hemolytic, sickle cell).
1. Favor: Amla, leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, Chyavanaprasam, dates
Dr. Jasna's Ayurveda Therapies
Traditional Complementary and Alternative therapies focus on preventive cardiology, as the background of cardiovascular disease, begin in early life, making primary prevention efforts very necessary.
1. Abhyangam – Oil massage helps in problems of poor blood circulation
2. Uro Vasthy – oil retention on the chest is indicated in certain conditions
3. Virechanam – purgation or laxative therapy