Saffron is a royal spice. In Ayurveda, saffron is considered balancing for all doshas. It helps in the assimilation of nutrients and flushing toxins out of the tissues of the body. Saffron is available as strands or powdered. Saffron strands are usually soaked in a little milk to deliver the color before adding to dishes. In ayurvedic cooking, saffron is applied broadly: in desserts, vegetable dishes and to season rice. It is used for both its royal color and delicate aroma. Saffron blends well with almost every other ayurvedic spice. Here are some health benefits of Saffron:
Saffron as per Ayurveda
Saffron is essential for the human body due to its features of improving Skin, Skin tone and Balancing of all Doshas. The Ayurveda tells that saffron helps in curing following things too –
- Hikka – hiccups
- Vami – vomiting
- Visha – Toxic substances in the body
- Drushtiroga – Eyesight problems
- Kurumi – Worm infestation etc.
Benefits of Saffron
- It helps control body energy and thereby strengthens the body.
- Saffron also acts as a tonic for lungs. An only a short amount of saffron increases the respiratory system of the body.
- Consumption of saffron daily helps in growing the weak eyesight.
- The saffron also assists in maintaining your gums healthy.
- The Golden spice also helps in developing and maintaining the digestive health of the body. It makes the liver strong.
- Saffron if taken regularly helps in maintaining your cholesterol in control. It does not let the bad cholesterol increase in the body.
- Saffron is supported for insomniac patients. Saffron helps in keeping the mind calm and helps in making good sleep.
- Saffron also cures the menstrual abnormalities of women. It is also suggested for pregnant ladies for easy labor.
- Saffron is anti-inflammatory, and hence it assists in cleaning the blood.
- As the blood purifies, it also helps in treating skin problems like acne, dark circles and thereby it improves skin health as well.
- Saffron surprisingly has anti-cancerous and anti-tumor qualities as well.
- Saffron helps in making your brain healthy. It helps in improving the health of Alzheimer patients.